Good News - Dad's test showed my blockages, so no balloon or stint.
Bad News - His heart is only functioning at 25% (On a scale to 60)
It was a very emotional day. I think this has scared the weight off of him. He kept asking if he could resume normal activity tomorrow - He wanted to go for a walk. Very good sign!!
There's something about a Doc and your 3 (very strong willed daughters) and a wife, standing over your bed telling you if you don't change NOW & FOREVER, you will not live much longer and your quality of life will be poor while you are here.
He has to weigh him self every day. I found a scale on eBay that weighs up to 440 lbs. so he can track his progress.
Running update - I got on the treadmill!!!! 3 Miles!!! Oh it felt so good. At first the foot hurt, then I rearranged the wrapping and it felt so much better. I started really slow, but finished the last mile at 10:00 pace. I didn't want to push it so, I did the 3 then got on a elliptical for another 30 minutes. Another 3 today after Church. Our Y closes on Sundays starting April 1st so only a few more after Church work-outs.
The the piece of resistance for the day. Mercy Me tonight in concert!!!!
After praising the Lord, back to earth tomorrow for a College Visit day for Nikki. :(
God Bless!
1 comment:
Keep supporting your dad, as I know you will. You can tell that God is looking out for him and all of you! And great run & elliptical today! You're doing great Gladys. :)
Post a Comment