I think I may have over did it on my foot. :)
Why do we always think we should be/could be/need to be doing more?
I did 3 miles on the treadmill on Saturday, took Sunday off. (Saw Mercy Me in concert. It was WONDERFUL!!)
Monday 3 miles
Then yesterday, 3.5 miles on the treadmill.
Now today my foot is sore.
I'm planning on going the the gym and sticking with the elliptical today. I'm hoping the gym is not busy, and i can get in an hour, on it.
Now for the bad news. This year has been very emotional so far.
A dear family member went to be with the Lord on Saturday. -- Cancer --
She was 33, has 2 small children 3 & 8.
She had fought it as long as she could. She has been through many remissions, and treatments. She had just finished up receiving a bone marrow transplant, and was actually "Cancer Free" , came back home and develop phenomena and passed on Saturday night.
She lived in Fl. Bob is actually in the air as I type to go represent our family, and do what he can to comfort her mom & kids. husband of the the 3 yr old is not a US citizen, so many barriers will be faced there. The 8 yr old father has not been around since he was 2. So many barriers there.
But our comfort is in what she said the last time we spoke. --
"Cancer is a blessing to me - if I never got it I would probably have not met the Lord"
Only a special person can see cancer as a blessing :)
I'm hoping & praying this is my last bit of bad news for awhile.
God Bless!
1 comment:
I am so sorry, Gladys. My heart breaks whenever I hear something like that. I hope and pray that her husband and children will not be separated from one another. I'm sure they won't.
I don't know if you've had a chance to visit the Master's Forum on RW Online lately, but Gettin' Older (Kirk's) mom passed away this morning. She had been gravely ill for just a few days and was not expected to recover, so they were as "prepared" as possible, but nonetheless still heartbroken. He's also a man of God and asked for our prayers.
Take care of yourself and your foot. Don't do too much too soon.
Post a Comment