Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Snow!

We finally got snow!!

It is so pretty! Nikki & her friend went out to play, I had to work :( funny no matter how old we get we still love to play in the snow. Maybe it will stay till Saturday. Per the forecast of the temperatures it should be cold enough to still be around.!!

Started my official half marathon training today. Due to the cold, had to do my first run on the treadmill.

Due to work I won't make it outside till Saturday.
I'm outside regardless of the temps on Saturday! I'll be doing 5.

I had to change my training, or should I say I had to re-build my training program.
Since we have been going to the gym, I'm doing allot more than "just run" Lets call it "cross train" :) Image that, now I'm cross training. So in order to be able to walk, I'm not going to be solely concentrating on my running, like I usually do during my training.
Which should in the long run should help my running.

Plus I'm down 3 lbs!!!! I'm going to measure myself tonight, because I know in a few weeks it will not be pounds it will be inches.

Bob lost 4.5 lbs

Nikki was the "biggest loser' with 7 LBS!!! She is kicking butt at the Y!

Hopefully we can all continue to motivate each other.

2 comments:

GB said...

Yaay! Snow! We're finally getting rain around here starting tomorrow. It has been too long.

Will this be your first Half Marathon? I love that distance. I think you'll love it too. Keep us updated on your training. I'm very happy for you and your family, losing weight together! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could get snow here, too. Anywas, great job on accepting the challenge of the 1/2 marathon.