This is the first Sunday in 2 weeks that we have hot water.
For the last 2 Sundays we not only had our pipes freeze but we have had a water pipe burst. So Bob has spent the last 2 Sundays under the house in well below freezing temps fixing water pipes. So no Church for us for he past 2 weeks :( -- I thought the devil was in favor of HOT temps not cold.... :)
But not this week, not only is all systems a "go" for Church -- we are on tap to try a new Church. This church has a youth group of over 100 teens. (Nikki can't find fault in 100 people) But they are suppose to have an awsome praise band! Which after missing 2 weeks I'm in the need of.
This is a different denomination then I was raised. I was raised good ole Nazarene. This is a Church of Christ. No different in believes from what I can tell, maybe a few small things here or there. But Bob & Nikki want to try something other than Nazarene, so I'm game. Whatever I can do to keep my family in the faith. Nikki is at a point in her life where she is questioning everything, including her faith. So she is my top priority right now. -- Please keep her in your prayers.
After Church I'm heading out for a 6 miles run, yes outside! It is the calm before the storm. High of 28 today, and 6-8 inches of snow on Monday.
After that Nikki has a boy/friend coming over for dinner. Rule is prior to a first date the boy has to come for dinner -- it's so Bob can scare the dickens out of him!
Having teenage girls is sooo much fun!
Hope everyone has a great week!
2 comments:
Its always good to visit other churches where we could praise God and meet new people.
Hope you all have fun at church today! And tell your DH to get the shotgun ready and polish it as the boy comes in. LOL... J/k
That's a great rule about meeting the boy/friend over dinner at your house first! Did you and Bob polish the shotguns while he was over? Hee hee.
I missed church this weekend because of the flu, but I'm feeling better now so we'll all be back on track next Sunday. You're right that it doesn't matter what church, as long as you keep the faith in Christ.
I hope you had a great run in the snow! That is some serious dedication.
Post a Comment