Monday, February 26, 2007

My inner thighs are killing me!!

Went to the Y yesterday and the inner thigh machine was finally fixed....

So my workout went like this:

30 minutes on the elliptical
30 minutes treadmill (hills)
30 minutes weight machines.




(Picture from the running clubs site of one of the hills from last year)

Bob & I have decided to run in a local 15K that is advertised as the "Hardest 15K in the Midwest" ---- I have always chickened out before.

It is 3 huge hills and 2 small ones.
For the 15K it is an out & back 3 times.

I will definitely be doing hills to prepare for this, I don't even know a time goal yet.

I have always avoided hills. Flat is so much easier, but I have decide to no longer take the easy way........ Road less traveled for this gal this year :)

The run is March 24th so gives me about 3 weeks.

Should be interesting!!!

1 comment:

GB said...

It is awesome that you have committed to running that 15K! You will do so well. The best way to prepare for racing hills is to train on 'em. I wish we had them closer, so I do it on a treadmill. When the snow melts around my parent's house, I'll run their hills. You think your legs are sore now??? Hill workouts will give them a great workout! If you have a pool that's cold and not frozen over, stand waist deep in there for 5 minutes, then work your way up to 10. Wear socks, and bundle your upper body and head really warm. Just don't get frostbite! I can't wait to read about your training and then your race!!! :)