Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Good run, bad afternoon

I started my day with a wonderful 6 mile run, just myself and God, doing a lot of talking and thinking. Did it in 1:04:27. I did walk for 2 minutes. For some reason I just stopped.... Not sure what it was about, but I figured I'd give myself 2 minutes and I did. I walked for 2 then ran the rest of the way home.

Finally decided only a runner could think that a morning temp of 23 with sun shinning was a beautiful morning!

Then my morning took a turn, my mom called and was worried about my dad.
He has had acute bronchitis for 2 months, 2 rounds of antibiotics. And he has not gotten any better. Today his bottom blood pressure was at 107. So I met them at the Doc. and they increased his blood pressure medication and gave him another water pill to take daily -- That makes him taking 4 water pills a day! He can hardly breathe, he is sounding wheezy.
So on Friday he is scheduled to have a test to confirm if he has congestive heart failure :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_failure

Now for the worse, he has battled obesity for his whole life. he is currently at 416 lbs. :(
But I have always told him, that he carries it all in his heart. (I'm a daddy's girl in case you can't tell)
Our local hospital does not have a bed big enough to perform the test. (Which I would not let him have it done locally anyway. )
But even the next town tried to say " sorry no bed" But I told them it was not an option, FIND A BED!
They did find a bed. Funny how you almost have to get angry to get something done, that should be done for you anyway.
This really surprised me, since over 50% of the county we live in is morbidly obese. Not just over weight but morbid obese! ...... Hense the small population of runners ......

Please keep him in your prayers. I am of course worried. I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it to the girls, they of course love their Grandpa sooo much!!

1 comment:

GB said...

Gladys I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's condition. I will definitely pray for him, and your family. My heart goes out to you. I've never been a daddy's girl, but always wished I had been. So when I see a father and daughter that are close, I can't help but smile! Stay positive, and continue to fight for what he needs!

By the way, very good run you had this morning! God's way of letting you know he's at your side.