Monday, January 8, 2007

What a FIVE day work week??

Man, not looking forward to a five day work week. But at least we get MLK birthday off so I guess that's just around the corner.

And that is a BIG day for me. That is the day I freed myself from smoking, and changed started the first of many lifestyle changes!!. I Started running so I would not gain any weight while quitting smoking.
So every MLK day I celebrate my new life. The girls never had the day off from school so it is always a "my day" This year will be no different with the exception that I have to take Nikki to the Dr. BUT, I will be going to the mall and treating myself to a new bra from Victoria Secret. And maybe something to cover that bra --- I'm thinking a new sweater :)

Jack went back to school today :( I'm always sad to see her leave but I'm so proud of the lady she has become. She will be home for homecoming in a few weeks.

Was not able to run this morning, so I'm up tomorrow early for the TM, since I have to be in to work early.

4 comments:

Angelia said...

Enjoy shopping on your "me" day! Victoria Secrets shopping sounds like a great way to congratulate yourself on quitting smoking.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You surely have something to celebrate. Enjoy it and keep up the good work you've already done in your "new life."

Red said...

Congradulations on quitting smoking, I quit smoking about 15 years ago and used to celebrate the yearly anniversaries to, but then it dawned on me, why not celebrate every day! Yippee! yahoo!

GB said...

You are smoke free! That is awesome. What a tough, tough thing to give up. My older sister did it and has been smoke free for a little over a year. We thank God for her health everyday because she was hospitalized a few times with severe asthma scares related to her smoking.

I wanted to thank you for stopping by the other day and offering the sweet words you did. I appreciate that so much. Your prayer for me must've been heard because I feel a lot better. Time to count my blessings!