Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the mend .... NOT SO MUCH :(

Well, my run yesterday was not what I had hoped....

After about 3.5 miles I had to stop to stretch, walk, run 50 ft repeat.... NOT FUN :(

And today, my soreness is at my knee. I think that is because I have finally rolled & massaged the muscles in my thigh, all I have left is the tendons in the knee. Which we will work on in PT with the ultrasound & tens unit, next week. The bad part of this is that I leave for TX today for work, and can't have another PT appointment till Thursday. So my plan is to do NO RUNNING while I am there. I'm not even taking my stuff in order to avoid the temptation. ...... No self control :) I'm taking along a softball to keep massaging it. (I think I can carry on a softball??) And will do plenty of stretching.
Upon returning next week, my plan is to run on the treadmill, to see if a flat terrain will help any. Not that I run "Hills" -- but I do run in the country and the road does have a slope to it. I do run on the side of the road to avoid the slope but I'm so confused by this injury....

I have the same brand of shoes I have worn for 2 yrs. Same brand I ran Chicago in last year. They have 250 miles on them. So not time for a new pair.....
I have trained on the same route for 4 yrs....
I have been stretching, rolling, Icing, taking Celebex (which is so hard for me I hate taking any medicine) have gotten 4 massage's, have now been in 3 PT treatments..... WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE????

And in the voices in my head, are saying "CHICAGO ..... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR" ....... I just can't speak them yet......

WHOO, no that I got that off my chest.

It appears to be another beautiful day.
Off to Church, then in the pool for a couple of hours, then heading to Indy, to spend the night before my 8:00 flight tomorrow.

Have A Great Week!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I wish I had some answers. Hang in there. The rest is probably a really good idea for now. There's still plenty of time if you can get this healed. I'll be thinking about you.