Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ITBS!

I finally went to the Doc yesterday and I have a mild case of ITBS :(
The best thing was that I have already went for a massage, and have been stretching ALOT, and icing. So he gave me a RX for Celebrex and so far so good. After 3 doses, I already feel 80% better.

So now I'm going to EASE back into training for Chicago.

Got in a good 3 today:

1 10:20
2 10:06
3 10:00

I tried to keep my speed in check and really pay attention to pain. I am glad I had set out on three, any more than that and I would have been doing too much.

So probably taking tomorrow as a rest day then 4 on Friday, 6 on Sunday if all goes well.

God Bless!

1 comment:

GB said...

ITBS, ouch. I have a very, very mild case of it too and am taking anti inflammatories as well. So far, it has not prohibited my running, but I feel it a lot at rest. Weird. I'm glad Celebrex is helping you and that you feel better.