It was a beautiful morning!!
I was on the road by 7:00 am, temps was alot nicer then last week-end, isn't that how it always is??
My goal to to just get the miles in. So far this week, I only got 3 miles in. Its always so hard to get right back into training mode after a big run.
Here's what it looked like:
1 10:55
2 10:26
3 10:30
4 10:19
5 10:47
6 10:54
7 10:55
8 10:52
9 11:03
10 11:03
11 10:45
12 10:59
My hip was acting up on 9 & 10, not sure what that was about.
I did try something new, I ate my beans before I left and took a gatoraid. Hard to tell if it made a difference or not, I'll try it again and see what happens.
The best part of the run.... Absolutely NO walk breaks. I ran the entire distance!
Now just to get my time down. I have my mental goal for Chicago, but it is a HUGE time difference than last year, so before I actually admit that goal out loud, I need to see my times start to become.
I'm back to my training this week. So speed work on Tuesday ;)
Doing some work from home this afternoon, then off to a baseball game tonight with the newlyweds. Nikki has her on plans with her friends. OHH to be young and carefree, nothing to worry about except what shirt matches the pants. (That's the debate going on now :)
Have A Great Week-end!!
God Bless!
1 comment:
Wow, excellent job on that 12 miler! And I'm so excited to see speedwork in your schedule. Good for you! It will help your marathon tremendously.
Post a Comment