Friday, May 11, 2007

Rehearsal Dinner

First running news:

Had a hard 10 miler today.

1 10:46
2 10:46
3 10:33
4 10:37
5 12:52
6 12:07
7 10:57
8 12:59
9 12:36
10 11:17
Had a lot on my mid, PMS & it was humid, took water & beans should have taken gator-aid

And I was coming off of doing a fast 3 yesterday. Yes I did my own speed work out and went to the nail appointment. :)

1 9:53
2 9:38
3 9:27

Now for the big event updates.....

Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Am I ready?? heck no!!

Why do they have to get big and move on with their lives?

On one hand I will be soo glad when it is over!! My wallet is empty my tear ducts are all cleaned out, and I'm TIRED!!

Bob has his speech all wrote for tonight. I only know a few parts of it. I am going to cry like a baby!!

For a "welcome to our family" present to Matt I got him a stainless steel Bible -- A minister can never have too many Bibles.

Here's is the poem I wrote and made it into a bookmark for the Bible. IF I can do it without crying I will read it tonight at the dinner, if not my sister will attempt it.


A son for us was not to be told
But changes today with “To have and to hold”

A better mate for Jackylnn we could not find
For today, you will be joining as one,
body soul & mind.

A place in our family you have settled
In your lives, I’ll try not to mettle.

In your faith always remain deep
And in your hearts, God’s love, you’ll always keep.

As of today, the two of you are one,
In all of life’s sorrow, sadness, laughter & fun.

The rest of your lives the two of you it will be
But Jacklynn’s happiness should always be key.

As the years pass, and you watch, your family grow
The bigger the yard, you must mow

We love you more than words can say,
As you join hearts on this beautiful, 12th day in May

The best of luck to you we send
And with that my poem must end.

Gotta go finish cleaning for the 5 house guest arriving @ 2:00!!


God Bless!

2 comments:

GB said...

Gladys, first of all great 10 miler, and awesome job on the negative split for the 3 mile speed session!

What a beautiful poem to read at your daughter's wedding! I felt emotional just reading it. Just wear water proof mascara and liner and you will be fine! Enjoy the weekend with friends and family, and God bless all of you during this wonderful sacred rite of marriage. I can't wait to see pictures!

Hugs to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful poem and a great 10 miles!!!!