How do the great writers do it? How do they put feelings into words?
I thank God, that he has blessed me with a great husband first and foremost. For without him, I would not be a complete person.
We had a GREAT time in Louisville.
Okay bear with me, my first real race report.....
The expo .... It was like a 1.00 bag sale at Goodwill (No clothes). But I got some free samples of Body Glide. For a good expo I need lots of free samples.., oh yeah and lots of free ink pins :)
The hotel was huge -- two towers. over 1000 rooms!
After the expo, we headed down town to the Louisville Slugger museum to have a bat engraved for Jack & Matt for their wedding day. (Dad's idea, has something to do with his toast that is Secrete) Walked around downtown for awhile then had a healthy portion of pasta at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Headed in for the night.
had the usual restless night sleep, as thew alarm went off at 4:45.
After at the start, to find nothing!! Porta potties, and an 1.5 hour to waste. OK so far we have only done Nashville that has Starbucks fruit massage tables, and music playing for a festive atmosphere. So I ate my oatmeal bar, and chilled out.
Then the bugle begin to play, time to get the horses in the gate.
After no notional anthem ... Another bad check. We were off.
I was feeling good to start keep telling myself take it slow, you have not ran over 7 miles since Chicago last October. Watch the foot. I have to say I Love my Gamin. it kept my on pace.
Here's my splits:
1 10:25
2 9:45
3 10:42
4 11:15 -questioned am I going to fast to finish?
5 9:59 -- Answered --Nope!
6 10:53
7 11:14 - Had to stop to tie shoes
8 10:58
9 10:21
10 10:23
11 10:50
12 11:15 -- Hip was bothering me, stopped to stretch.
13 10:39
14 2:02
Finished in PR time of
2:24:24!!
We are signing up to run the Sunburst 1/2 @ Notre Dame Stadium. June 9th. I'm shooting of 2:11!!
It was a great run! Nice temps and the lap through Church Hill Downs was great! !
After the run we went site seeing and bet on some horses! We had a great time!
Now back to reality and work tomorrow.
I hope every one has a great week!
God Bless!
3 comments:
Congrats on your 1/2. I only hope I could finish my 1st half under 3 hours in June. Have a great week.
Excellent job G! Do you know how many runners struggle to finish a half in under 2-1/2 hours? And you did!!! Yaaaaay! I hope you celebrate because you deserve it. Great, great, great race!
Thanks guys!!
Post a Comment