Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stronger than your fear

As you can tell daily posting is not working for me so going to shoot for a weekly rap up.

While on a run on New years day I was listening to a podcast and the subject of course was on goal setting. He stated one reason people don't meet a goal is because they lose site of the goal they set. Well that is a no brainier! But as he explained his theory further, he said that if you set your goal to write more, then you write more NOT change the goal to become a better writer, etc. HMMM I like that!
 So my goal for this blog is to post -  not to post more, or get more readers but to post.

So here we go our first weekly post .....

Work outs 
Monday - 3 TM
Tuesday - 5 (New Years Day)











Wed - 3 Hill (courtesy of the incline button on the TM)
Thursday - rest - P90X Fountain of youth yoga
Friday - 5 (3 pace)


Perfect half marathon medal holders as I sorted out my 50 by 50 half marathons completed to date - Love my babies babies :)













Sunday long run -
I am pacing the 10:30 group for our local running group.
Our first run was 10 miles. Even though I have paced for this running group for 3 years, I was very nervous for some reason, maybe because I have always been a co pacer and this was my first time being a solo pacer for this group. Maybe because I have not ran a long run in 2 weeks and 10:30 seemed awfully fast, OR  maybe I couldn't let myself talk myself into a walk break...... HMMM maybe fear of having to perform made me nervous! Could that same fear be the monkey on my back keeping me from a 2 hour half???
Happy to report I feel it was a successful run we finished with an overall 10:38 pace, but had to stop for a bathroom break that resulted in 12 minute. I should have stopped my watch but didn't think about it, I normally never stop my watch during a run. The clock never stops during a race, but for pacing purpose I need to stop it so I will know where we are at in that mile.

Here's the breakdown:







1Interval1 mi10:32.0910:32.0910:33
2Interval1 mi10:23.5420:55.6310:24
3Interval1 mi10:26.3831:22.0110:27
4Interval1 mi10:31.7441:53.7510:32
5Interval1 mi10:21.8752:15.6210:22
6Interval1 mi12:02.581:04:18.2012:03Bathroom break
7Interval1 mi10:29.491:14:47.6910:30
8Interval1 mi10:22.381:25:10.0710:23
9Interval1 mi10:40.151:35:50.2210:41Stop light
10Interval1 mi10:27.691:46:17.9110:28






























































This maybe a interesting training cycle folks! 




















































































































No comments: