Monday, April 16, 2012

Cowboys and Indians


 
Saturday my hubby B and I made plans to spend the day in Indy. We had a full agenda on tap
1) 18 mile run on my favorite trail. - I will be spending a lot of time on it getting my long runs in summer so ay some point I will do a full review with  pictures 
2) Finally use our Groupon for a shooting range
3) Price heaters for our pool. Summer plans are to spend as much time in it as possible. A heater would allow more time actually in the pool. 


1) Went great, the weather held off for me and of course I made a new friend who happens to be running the Illinois on the 28th. Hoping to see her on the course.
3) No luck the place has a huge showroom and after drooling over the fancy hot tubs found out they not only don't carry a heater for our size pool, but they wouldn't order one either. B is going to try a local place today


 2) The shooting range. 
Disclaimer - I did not grow up around any type of weapons. Saturday was the first time I had ever held seen a gun. 
Here's the cliff notes of  how it went down
  • Entered the store started to sweat & heart rate started to increase
  • Had to sign a waiver and pick a gun. B picked a 9MM for me
  • Walked around the building to the entrance to the range
  • Panic attack came over my body that included crying
  • Had to use my sleeve to wipe my dripping nose from crying since left my purse in the car
  • Decided that clearly I have a deep fear of guns

I am thinking more along the lines of a bow and arrow for me 
Clearly I would not have been cut out to be a Cowboy
 

No comments: