My friend Salena gave me my first sip of a what would become a race of time.
Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year.
I love the adrenalin rush that comes with elbowing your way to 5.00 socks -all that holiday cheer of standing in line and watching grown women fight over a parking spot signifies the start of the holiday season for me.
When it came time for lunch Steak n Shake won out. - what better way to start the season than with a Limited time only holiday shake I thought. It was the most delicious shake I have ever had! Mind you we NEVER eat at a fast food restaurant, so just sitting in the booth was sinful in itself. So it began....
Only here for a limited time I kept hearing, causing my adrenaline to kick in once again, better hurry get as many as I can before they are gone - limited time for goodness sakes!!
So I continued to indulged in the holiday festivities, over and over again - I will spare you the dark details of the day I discovered Happy Hour it was not pretty.
Here we are January 23, all the 5.00 socks now have holes in the toe, the Christmas tree is now at the top of the burn pile out back, and no signs of the holiday are still hanging around EXCEPT ........
Yes apparently this milk shake follows a different calendar, while the rest of us have moved on, and are looking at men dressed in diapers shooting arrows at our heart, this baby is still hanging around!
I'm hoping I have indulged in my last one last night, and to help with the intervention. I looked up the little piece of reality that I know will be my rock bottom
Bring on the Valentines Chocolate hearts !!
No comments:
Post a Comment