First I have to give a "CUBS WIN" for my two favorite young adults -- My beautiful Jack and her adorable hubby Matt. They are currently on their way back home. It was a great week-end!
Yesterday Nikki & I got to spend some much needed Mother/Daughter time (when they are 17, you get what you can) We played a healthy game of Sing Song on PS2. Kind of a karaoke game. Well It was confirmed that I can not carry not only a tune, but according to the PS
, I can not even carry the right pitch :(. But we had fun.
Today I had decided to do a 6 mile instead of the spoken 7. The plan was a 10-10:30 first 2, then fast (not sure what fast meant but I had planned to do it ) then a cool down of 10-10:30 the last 2. Well, the first 2 miles my legs were so heavy feeling, I almost turned around, but I instead changed my goal to a slow nice easy 6, no speeding of any kind.
Well, I guess after that my legs lighted up, because my 3rd mile was much faster, and my new rule of ALL rules must have a negative split, so now I was forced to carry on..... Well I struggled the last mile as you can tell due to not sure what I was doing on mile 4??? But it was my best 6 mile time in quite a while. I can not believe I am posting mile splits in the ***GULP*** 9's :)
Here's what it looked like:
1 10:34
2 10:12
3 9:54
4 9:37
5 9:45
6 9:40
With that I am taken tomorrow as a rest day.
I'm off to go drown my pride in Miller Light with my hubby on the Dolphins start to this season.... But WAIT we have not started yet have we?????
0-4 ?????
Have a Great Week!!
God Bless!
2 comments:
congrats on you 6 mile run. I love your stories with you and you daughter. With kids growing up so fast nowadays, parents needs to spend as much time with their kids more and more. Of course I'm speaking from an educator's point of view. ;)
Oh my gosh, NINE'S ?? That's fabulous.
Hmmmm Sing Song. I am horrible, but I might have to get that.
Glad you got some time together. Thanks for all your nice comments to me! :)
Post a Comment