wis·dom(wzdm)
n.
1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: "It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things" Henry David Thoreau.
3.
a. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: "In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations" Maya Angelou.
b. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.
4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.
5. Wisdom Bible Wisdom of Solomon.
Wisdom is such a hard thing to obtain. --
I pray for wisdom for in the following ways:
Wisdom - For me to make the right decisions with Nikki - how do I know I am making the right decisions on something that will affect the rest of her life?
Wisdom - For Bob same wisdom that I receive, after all we have always been a united pair, and make present the united front though this tough time.
Wisdom - For Nikki -- To see she is making a HUGE mistake in her life!
Wisdom - To the 23 yr old man who is screwing up my daughters (17) life - may you give him wisdom to realize this is not what he wants from life either? He's much too busy partying to treat my daughter the way she is accustomed.
Wisdom - To our leaders of our great country may they make the right decisions that affect us all. -- I figured if I was praying for wisdom I might as well include that one :)
Please keep your prayers coming.
On a brighter note:
We are headed to the BEACH!!
The 3 of us, Bob Nikki & myself are packing up and taking a 14 hour road trip each way to Mrtyle Beach. Can someone say therapy???? I just hope this is a healing time, and we all three make it home safely :)
We all really need to get out of dodge and have some alone time.
On a running note:
My running is going much better. I'm still on the hunt for a running buddy/group for my long runs, as they are getting much harder to complete alone. That nasty "STOP YOU CAN TAKE A WALK HERE" demon in my head always gets the best of me.
Here's my stats for this week:
7 on Tuesday:
1 10:00
2 9:55
3 9:44
4 9:39
5 9:55
6 9:50
7 9:55
3 on Wend:
1 9:36
2 9:24
3 9:15
Atleast I'm back to under a 10 min. mile!
God Bless!
1 comment:
G, you're doing awesome with your running. You're definitely faster!
I'm praying for Nikki, and for all of you. I also hope you have a wonderful trip to the coast and may God bless you and your travels.
See ya' when you get home.
Post a Comment